Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Product review and video Burt's Bees sensitive skincare

As most everyone knows I am a beauty junkie and am always trying out new beauty products. I was able to try Burt's Bees® Natural Skin Solutions for Sensitive Skin, through bzzagent .

What I found was I love the cleanser and as I said in my video review it fills a need for me because I often use a lot of harsh chemicals on my face and do a lot of exfoliating .In the morning I need to wash the products off from the night before but because I use a face wash at night that has exfoliating properties I just need something mild for morning skin prep. this way my daily moisturizers and serums have a clean slate to work with . I think that Burt's Bees® Natural Skin Solutions for Sensitive Skin cleanser works really well for this because its mild enough not to strip my skin of moisture but also effective enough to wash off the night wear and prep my skin for the day wear . I was looking for a morning face wash just like this because at night I use a clarisonic exfoliator and do not need to use a harsh cleaner in the morning .

The only reason I did not give this 5 stars is because of the scent of the face-wash , I'm not crazy about the scent which is between no scent at all or a slightly musty smell , reminiscent of towels left to long in the washer wet . I do not need a highly scented product in a face-wash or cream and I think they should be extremely mild in scent if one is provided , however that being said I also do not want an unpleasant scent either and I think that Burt's Bees could have added a natural scent to this even if it was just a mint or honey or lemon scent .

So bottom line is I like the moisturizing nature of the face-wash and day creams but because they chose not to include a SPF in the day cream I will have to use one with it which is a step I do try and avoid . there are many natural sunscreens that could have been provided in the day wear so I'm at a loss as to why they chose not to . Being in Florida I cant ever be with out a sunscreen of at least a SPF 15 and like to have a SPF 30 or better .Because of this the day-wears purpose in being all natural goes a bit to far in not providing a sunscreen which is essential in a day-wear or its not really a day wear .

Please check out my video review below

4 comments:

  1. She looks great and awesome no one can say that would she is a mother or not. And that too is is always good to use natural and home based products.Skin is outer covering of our body and taking its care is one of the most important part and natural products are the most important way to keep it safe and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burts Bees is not the only product line to contain mulitple allergens in their products. A striking number of body washes, hand soaps, shampoos, conditioners, and cosmetics contain almond oil. It’s a fabulous moisturizer that can be deadly to those of us with this allergy. Even my Vitamin B12 is labeled for contamination with peanuts and tree nuts. I read every label, every time I buy anything that I am going to consume or put on my body.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori,
    I hope you don't mind me sharing this with your visitors. I'm giving away a rather large assortment of Burt's Bees products for free in a mini-competition. (and in time for the Holiday, where they can be put to use as great stocking fillers :) The link is here http://thenaturalshopper.com/beeproducts/free-burts-bees-competition.html
    The value of the items is well over $100.00
    We're based up in Egg Harbor Door County, but we'll ship the box for free to the lucky winner anywhere in the US!
    There's quite an assortment of their products, like the lip balms, royal jelly creme, baby bee kits, hand salve and more.

    Happy Hols

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, mmm, got to love the notes of Tupperware. Burt’s Bees makes some of my favorite products. Their prices aren’t bad either, considering the ingredients. Thanks for sharing this! I’ll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete