Monday, February 6, 2012

Review Before the Season Ends by Linore Rose Burkard

Review Before the Season Ends by Linore Rose Burkard

I got this awesome book on amazon in their top free 100 books list and Im soo happy I did. I have since bought the other 2 stories in this saga and cant wait till they come in.

I have read a lot of Christian fiction and now exclusively read only books that are of this caliber. I cant tell you how great this story is.

Before the Season Ends by Linore Rose Burkard, Is a true gem of a story. Its very hard to find a Christian Romance that offers not only a great love story but is also filled in really great Christian teaching.

A lot of the books I read sometimes just touch on Christian beliefs and scripture, you get a lot of story and little inspiration. Before the Season Ends, has a really great balance of story ,romance and inspiration.

This is the story of a Christian young lady who has been sent to her Aunt in London in the 1800s to have a season and find a husband. She is determined to find a Christian husband and feels sure God will answer her prayer ,even though she has no real fortune. Her aunt is funding the cost of the dresses and finery to present her to society in the hopes of making a acceptable match.

What follows is a set of circumstances that shows, truly, that all things work for the good for those who have faith that the Lord knows whats best for us even if we cant really see that at first.

I really loved this book , it was a joy to read and the Best Christian book I have read that has both story and faith based inspiration.

The really great thing is that the story continues in her next book which I bought on amazon in hard copy because I wanted to be sure I had it on my book shelves forever.

This is the kind of book you can read and read again. As I said I got this copy on my kindle for free last week, Im not sure if its still available for free but if it is, I encourage you to download it.

If you are looking for a great Christian story that has plenty of romance and atmosphere than look no more, this is it!

I am thankful that the Lord has made it possible for me to find an author who not only knows how to write a fantastic Regency romance but one who is able to incorporate sound Christian beliefs and situations that we can all learn from . Thank you Linore Rose Burkard ! PLEASE keep writing !

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Lori, I'm honored and delighted by your review. I hope you'll get on my mailing list so I can keep in touch? I love it when a reader "gets" what I do in my books, and you're obviously one of them. Thanks for posting!
    Warmest blessings,

    Linore
    PS: You can join my mailing list here:http://www.LinoreBurkard.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linore is a wonderful author. and she is also a very good friend of mine. I loved this Regency of Linore's. She knows the Regency Period like very few people do and it really shows in her books. Her other two books in the series are just as fun and you get to see the hero and heroine of this book again which makes it even more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice review! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Ms. Burkard's book.

    ReplyDelete