Wednesday, April 4, 2012

French's Crunchy onion chicken recipe

wanted to try the French's crunchy onion chicken recipe since I saw it on TV because I have to make a lot of chicken and am always looking for different ways to fix it . So with the money I got from cleaning dads house yesterday I went to publix and got a can of the French's French fried onions in the original and followed the recipe and proceeded to make it .

First thing I noticed was even after crunching up the whole can I barely had enough of the coating to cover 4 thin chicken breasts and this stuff cost me 3.39 at publix . the recipe says use 4 ozs and the can is 6ozs but I really barley had enough to coat the chicken using the whole can and the chicken breasts were those thinner breasts you get in the big plastic bag at walmart so I'm thinking that's not to great a value as a coating .

Second it was not as good as I expected - I expected a a much more onioney favour and this was not as flavorful as I thought it would be. Shake and bake has much more flavour in my opinion .

It was tasty but with all the work that went into it I could have saved an egg and not had a big mess by just using a shake and bake it seemed also very oily .

That being said Scott liked it but if I were to do it again I would get 2 cans because I had a hard time getting the crushed onion thingys to coat the chicken evenly because although it was crushed it clumped together and was hard to coat with and really messy . anyway I took a picture of the finished product . If I do this again Ill try and see if they have a store brand that's cheaper than the 3.39 cost of one can that really did not go very far .

the recipe is

2 cups french fried onions

2 tablespoons flour

4 chicken breasts

one egg

you crush the onion thingys with the flour

dip the chicken in the egg and coat

bake at 400 for 20mins

I took a picture so you could see them . bottom line

Good taste,but not worth the cost of the coating. thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment