Saturday, April 28, 2012

Really Bad Girls of the Bible by Liz Curtis Higgs review

I was able to read Really Bad Girls of the Bible by Liz Curtis Higgs through blogging for books. I was so happy I got to read this book, I had read a few of Liz Curtis Higgs other books before and loved them as I loved this book.

I loved the way she first tells us a contemporary story before every Biblical account of the chosen bad girl of the Bible . I think this approach really helps us put the Biblical stories in a different perspective.

I loved learning from Liz and how she has the ability to make us laugh as we read these stories. Liz is a great writer I love her sense of humor and her down to earth attitude.

In Really Bad Girls of the bible, Liz makes it possible to really get a feel of just what sort of circumstances surrounded each women that led them to make the choices that they did. The book also shows us how great our need for forgiveness is, and how no matter how Bad we are before finding Christ ,he still waits for us to turn to him so we can be healed and restored to him.

We all can really learn a lot from these Less than perfect women of the Bible and Liz guides us thought this process with sound teaching and gentle humor. I will be recommending this awesome book to all my friends be they Christians or not,because everyone can greatly benefit from reading it and I'm so happy I got to read and review it for you. Thanks for looking at my review of Really Bad Girls of the Bible by Liz Curtis Higgs.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a really interesting book. I would definitely read this.

    ReplyDelete