Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Shot Of Faith (To The Head): Be A Confident Believer In An Age Of Cranky Atheists by Mitch Stokes

I received my copy of A Shot Of Faith (To The Head): Be A Confident Believer In An Age Of Cranky Atheists by Mitch Stokes, Through Booksneeze . I was hoping to get so insights on how to deal with some family members who are nonbelievers.

I was able to get a few pointers that will help me, but most of the authors suggestions would work way better for those of us in college or in a setting where we have to deal with college level unbelievers and scientists. So this is a fantastic resource for those of us dealing with people in those categories. For me I'm not dealing with people of a higher education in philosophy or the sciences so I really did not need the in depth arguments presented in the book.

Now having said all that I want to make it very clear that the author has painstakingly put together a work that will aid in helping anyone, and equip them to be able to argue and debate their faith with a really good arsenal of tactics. I encourage anyone dealing with crank atheists, On the college or grad school level to read this book. If you are just trying to get a bit of help and practical applications for defending you're faith, to let say you're none highly educated family this book may not be as big a help to you. This Book does well in addressing the finer points of faith vs science and philosophy but on a very deep level, One that I admit was a bit beyond me.

Thanks for looking at my review

No comments:

Post a Comment