Monday, July 23, 2012

Harvest of Rubies by Tessa Afshar Review

I was so happy I was selected to review Harvest of Rubies by Tessa Afshar. I have been reading a lot of Biblical women and biblical historical's lately and this story went really well with those I have read.

Harvest of Rubies is the story Of a Girl named Sarah who is actually a scribe for the Persian royal family. Sarah Is Jewish by faith and she has to learn how to act once she is thrown into the intrigue of palace life.

Sarah's whole life is about being the best scribe she can be, though she believes in the god of her ancestors she does not really have a personal relationship with him and her work is her idol. She keep searching for fulfillment and happiness in the one thing she knows she can do well. Once all that is taken from her and she is thrust into a marriage not of her choosing Sarah has to seek God and find a new path that will lead to all her dreams coming true and not, just the very basic needs she thought she wanted.

I truly loved this book and I had to really force myself to stop reading it and save some for the next day. I read christian and biblical fiction as a start in my morning devotions but I found myself reading this book well after than and just really loved it. Harvest of Rubies by Tessa Afshar is partly a romance and partly a really good biblical study of an example of how God will work out his perfect design for our lives, even in the times we think we are in a real mess. If you like a really good story about how life was like in biblical times, I recommend this book to you because, its really one of the best I have read and I came away from it with a better understanding of Gods Plan for my life ,though I may not clearly see it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment