Monday, September 10, 2012

Twelve Unlikely Heroes By John MacArthur review

I was able to read this book through Book Sneeze and at first because of the author I was not to sure I would like it. I read John MacArthur's first book and I can away from that feeling like he was putting to much emphasis on works and not enough on the love and grace of God. However I really really loved Twelve unlikely Heroes and learned so much from it. This is a study book it will teach you things you never knew about the heroes of the bible and show you how God works through even the most unlikely people.

This book had really made me want to read the other books like it from Mr MacArthur and I am really looking forward to reading them. If you are looking for a well written and informative book about the people in the bible who seem to be less that perfect than this is totally the book for you.

I loved reading it and looked forward to reading it each morning because it was like discovering the inside scoop about biblical figures who's story I knew but only basically, and wanted to learn more about. This study is complete and I would recommend it to any friend who loves biblical history.

Each chapter if filled with different way of looking at these Heroes and how God worked in their lived in spite of themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment