Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers book review

I have read many a Christian Fiction story and I have to let you all know that this book Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers, has got to be the best story I have ever read. Its basically a re-telling of the biblical story of Gomer and Hosea. It takes place in the old west so you really get a great atmosphere and a familiar setting.

This book will make you cry though, it did for me. Im not sure it would be suitable for a very young reader because of the subject matter. This story pulls no punches but is a joy to read. It clearly shows the Redeeming Love of God for all his children no matter what kind of past they had.

What I love about it is that it is a very nice and complete re-telling of a biblical story that is epic in length, so we really get the idea of Gods Redeeming love hammered home to us in the characters. I tell you, you will not be able to put it down.

There is no graphic sex in this story but it is implied and stated that that's what happened so its really for the adult reader.

This story is about a prostitute in the west called Angel. She was born to a woman who was kept by a rich man who did not want her at all. She found herself alone in the world at 8 years old after her Mother dies from a broken heart and alcoholism.

Angel is sold to a man named Duke who has a fondness for little girls and the story goes on from there. I do not like to give away anything more than that because you really need to ready Angels Journey from destitution to life.

I can see clearly why this book is a classic and I'm sure it will be for years and years. I know I will be reading it again because its a beautiful story of just how much the father loves us in spite of ourselves.

This story is awesome but not for the faint of heart, it really gets into what life was actually like for a fallen woman in the west, it is not glossed over but shows how the love of a great man and the Lord could set her free. I recommend this book its a story every Christian woman should read. Thanks for looking at my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment