Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Very best chicken Fettuccine recipe

This is my very best chicken Fettuccine recipe . it make take a while but is so worth it.

OK first you get some chicken either breasts or tenders. tenders work well. Than you cut them up into very small bits and throw them in the crock pot.

Before turning on the heat you add about 1/4 cup of olive oil than add the following spices. poultry seasoning mix. ( Winn Dixie makes a nice one) DO not skimp on the seasonings. Thyme, rubbed sage and onion powder. Than mix it all to coat well and then cook in the crock for about 4hrs.

Than you get a jar of Alfredo sauce ... I don't care what brand. I use rague because its dependable in flavor. Add the sauce to the cooked for 4 hrs chicken and let that cook on Low for about an hour. Shut off the crock pot.

Use Fettuccine noodles and cook those on the stove per instructions.. Drain well and then add it all to the crock pot mix . stir well...

Now the spinach is a bit tricky.. the problem with canned or frozen spinach is they add way to much watter. you have to get it dry as a bone or your dinner will come out soupy.

I do this by draining in a sieve and really shaking it until it looks dry but guess what it's not . you have to get a bunch of paper towels and really squeeze the liquid out of the spinach. I do this several times until I can tell its dry.

OK than add your dried spinach to a bowel, with butter and onion powder . microwave on high 2 mins. Stir in all the butter and onion salt .

Add the spinach mix to the Alfredo, make sure its blended and there are no clumps of spinach hanging around.

Let sit and its done and very tasty. its my Fathers dinner today . OH BY THE WAY I DO NOT COOK WITH SALT YOU WILL NEED TO SALT IT TO TASTE OR IT MAY BE BLAND. TASTE IT FIRST. THAN IF IT NEEDS SALT GO TO TOWN WITH IT. I DON'T COOK WITH SALT FOR HEALTH REASONS BUT YOU MAY NEED IT .

Hope you like it it's really awesome and if I could have sauteed some Portibello mushrooms with it I would but I did not have any available :)

No comments:

Post a Comment